FULL TIME MASSAGE THERAPIST
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter, resume, and references to Urban Massage at email@example.com
Massage Therapy Position Requirements
In-Office Massage Services
- Provide 30, 55, 85 and 120 minute massage therapy services for clients.
- Provide Regular and Specialty Massage Services for Clients
- Assist with laundry from clients, dishes from clients, tea for clients, room clean-up/prep for next client
- Provide Mobile Massage services as needed outside of the office.
Required Massage Therapy Training
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Ashiatsu Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Medical Massage
- Sports Massage
- Eco-Fin Hot Oil Treatment
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Cold Stone Therapy
Job Schedule Requirements
- Full-time massage therapists are required to work a minimum of 5 shifts on week-days and 1 shift on Saturdays.
- Full-time massage therapists will be scheduled for AM or PM shifts depending on the needs of each quarter's schedule.
- Quarterly Schedule: The staff set schedule is made quarterly. Each quarter, staff have the ability to request a new set schedule pending management approval for the new quarter.
- Changes to the daily or set schedule: All changes must be requested in writing and approved by management.
- Payroll is disbursed through direct deposit on a Bi-Weekly Basis
- Hourly pay is commission based and ranges from $22-$28 per hour depending on the massage therapists experience level
- Signed employment agreement
- Agreement to the UM Substance Abuse Policy
- Agreement to Code of Ethics.
- State of Michigan Massage License
- Carry professional liability insurance
How many hours are in a shift? 6 hours ; Urban Massage divides the day into either an AM shift or a PM shift
EXAMPLE OF DAY SHIFTS
AM Shift: 8am-1:30pm (Arrive at 7:30am)
PM Shift: 2:30pm-8:00pm (8-8:30pm time used for closing)
*Urban Massage closes for lunch Mon-Sat from 1:30pm-2:30pm
Am I required to stay at the office if I do not have any massages booked?
No, but if you are scheduled for a shift and wish to leave during downtime, the request must be approved by management before leaving.
In addition, if there is a gap in the schedule the manager will often fill time with paid hourly work in an effort to help new hires build a client base. This hourly work will consist of a variety of tasks including promotional chair massage, community events, or other office work as needed.
How many hours of massage am I required to provide during (1) six hour shift?
4 hours max
Do we get breaks in-between massage services?
Urban Massage schedules a 30 minute gap in between each massage service. This gap allows for room prep and wrap up before the next client. The remaining time is available for the therapist to use as time for self-care in between massage services. Ex: stretching, eat and hydrate