Questions? Send us a message.
Length of Apprenticeship: 1 year
- 20-35 hours per week
- Office Work/Front Desk: $10 per hour
- Massage Comission / per hour: 40%
Who can Apply
- Massage therapists with less than 2 years experience
- Massage therapists who have recently graduated from an accredited massage program.
- Massage therapists who have their MI Massage License.
- Cost covered for Liability Insurance
- UM contributes to the cost of CEUs (assessed on a per applicant basis)
- Massage apprentices perform 30, 55 and 85 minute massage sessions on Urban Massage staff members, staff members’ friends/family, and clients who purchase an apprentice massage at a discounted rate . Massage recipients are required to fill out feedback forms providing constructive criticism.
- Massage hours include mobile massage jobs, although the majority of the massages performed take place at UM.
Non-Massage Hours Apprentices perform various tasks related to the massage industry allowing for practical experience working at a massage facility. Non- massage hours are included but not limited to the following:
- Front Desk Duties
- SOAP Notes
- Massage Room and Supply Maintenance
Mentorship: Topics covered include but are not limited to the following.
- Body Mechanics Review
- Once a Week / Q&A sessions on massage techniques
- Once a Month/ Networking Opportunities
- Massage business best practices, ethics, health codes
- Scheduling and Client Care
- Marketing Massage Therapy